Happy Sunday! You've got a full week ahead of you and certainly, you'll want each day to be great. Sure enough, a great day starts with a great morning. If you're one of the many who have trouble getting up in the morning or looking forward to the day ahead try starting your day with these 7 tips to energize, excite, and awaken you for the new day!
- Hydrate. Hydration in the morning is essential! During the night, your body fasts, releases toxins, and can become dehydrated. This may cause you to feel sluggish in the morning. For me, slowly drinking 24-32 ounces of room temperature water or 8-16 ounces of warm lemon water does the trick! This stimulates your organs, flushes your body, and hydrates you completely.
- Stretch. You may have noticed that you don't fully feel the toll that the previous day has taken on your body until rising the next morning. Your body recuperates and heals as you sleep. In the morning, you may feel stiff or slight pain. Routine stretching in the morning for at least 10 minutes releases tension from your muscles and gets your blood circulating.
- Get Inspired. Get your spirit excited with something that inspires you. Getting inspired can wipe out any negativity that you may have. Try inspirational music, spiritual practice, or using the journal technique that I teach in my new eGuide. Get it Here, for Free.
- Get Motivated. You need something to get you moving in the morning. Getting motivated in the morning will move you to see the purpose behind getting up and going to work, getting to school, or tackling that to-do list. Try reading over your goals, reading a page in a motivating book, reading a page in a motivating article, or listening to a motivating playlist.
- Eat Breakfast! So many people skip breakfast because they are unprepared or "do not have the time" to eat. This can throw off your eating schedule and result in unhealthy snacking or bouts with hunger. Eat a nourishing, lively breakfast in the morning to have better energy and to skip out on hunger issues!
- Set Your Intention. In my free eGuide, I talk about setting an intention and teach step-by-step how to create an intention statement. This clarifies your purpose and gets you through the day with excitement and will-power.
- Go to Bed Better. Having a great morning has a lot to do with how we went to bed the night before. Get to bed better to have a better morning. This may mean eating a lighter dinner, going to bed on time, assuring that there are no interruptions during your sleep time, and certainly preparing for the next morning so that there is no rush or confusion the next day.