It's no secret that toxins and pollution run slightly rampant all around us, but luckily, our immune system and natural defense system does a great job of fighting those things off (so fear not...no need to live in a bubble!) . However, optimal health, and boosting our health requires that we take great care of our bodies and surroundings. We can avoid illnesses and discomfort by reducing the amount of harmful things that we are exposed to daily. Living toxic-free is certainly a something to strive for on the journey to living a healthier lifestyle. Check out these 8 ways to begin removing toxins from your life!
8 Tips to Remove Toxins From Your Life
- Change Your Household Cleaners. A lot of the popular, cheap products that we use to clean our house includes harsh chemicals that can be harmful to our respiratory system, eyes, and skin. Drain cleaners, hand washes, dish soap, and laundry detergent typically all have chemicals that can do more harm than we know. Opt for cleaners that exclude harmful ingredients, are plant-based, eco-friendly, and acknowledges a toxic free living. Another option is to DIY your household cleaners. Various remedies often include everyday items such as essential oils, baking soda, lemons, vinegar, etc.
- Swap Out Plastic Containers for Glass. We often use plastic containers to store our food and drinks. Often times, these containers are made with Vinyls, PVC, and BPA (just to name a few), which can be transferred to food and drinks overtime, and when heated up or left in the fridge. While BPA-Free plastic containers are an option, glass is overall safer. Glass is long-lasting and does not transfer harmful chemicals into food and drinks.
- Rethink Toiletries. Tissue, feminine products, paper towels, brushes, soaps, shampoos are all to be considered when aiming to cut out toxins that may be lingering in your everyday life. Because of our everyday use of cheap, popular toiletries, it has been said that the average person is exposed to pounds of toxins before every leaving the house! Be intentional with the products you choose. Go for those that are made up of simple ingredients and are truly geared towards healthier lifestyles.
- Eat Better Food. Eat real food! Cut out processed foods, foods overloaded with preservatives, and junk food. Consume more foods that are natural, whole, and organic.
- Clean Water is Best. Step away from the tap (tap water, that is)! Our bodies are made mostly of water, so it is important that we consume lots of water. Being that we must consume a lot of water, clean water is the best route to go. Opt for natural spring water, alkaline water, mineral water, or invest in a home water-purifying system.
- Get Some Fresh Air. Surely, everyone can agree that a dose of fresh air and sunlight is an instant boost for energy. We often spend our days entrapped indoors, inhaling stale, modified air; and drowsy vibes. Spend sometime in nature and get some fresh air into your lungs. It is cleansing, refreshing, and an instant mood-booster!
- Control What Goes Into Your Ears and Eyes. Unfortunately, people ingest loads of toxins effortlessly with their everyday "habits". Watching television programs loaded with violence and drama, engaging in gossip and hateful conversation, listening to saddening music, and other harmful "hobbies" lowers your vibrations significantly. If you engage in these activities frequently and routinely, you may notice depression and "bad days" routinely present in your life. Instead of exposing yourself to harmful hobbies, opt for uplifting music, educational and inspirational television (or don't watch television at all!), read motivational texts and books, and speak life!
- Put Yourself Around Good Vibes and Good People. Good vibes only! Seriously, we could all use less drama and bad vibes in our lives. Distance yourself from persistently negative people, people who have nothing nice to say, uplifting, and encouraging to say; people who are always into harmful, energy-depleting activities, and any other type of person who ever attempts to have ill-intention towards you.
What other ways do you live your life toxic free? Click here to tweet me and tell me about it!