It's no secret that toxins and pollution run slightly rampant all around us, but luckily, our immune system and natural defense system does a great job of fighting those things off (so fear not...no need to live in a bubble!) . However, optimal health, and boosting our health requires that we take great care of our bodies and surroundings. We can avoid illnesses and discomfort by reducing the amount of harmful things that we are exposed to daily. Living toxic-free is certainly a something to strive for on the journey to living a healthier lifestyle. Check out these 8 ways to begin removing toxins from your life!
I love me some me! And I'll shout it from the rooftops...but for now, I'll shout it from this blog post. When asked, many of us may say that we love ourselves, and that's awesome! However, can we say that we truly love ourselves? In a world where love itself has gotten confused with so many other things, self-love has taken its hits as well. Many of us are confused as to what self-love truly is. Many of us believe that self-love exists only in the things that we buy ourselves, saying that we love ourselves, looking our best, and putting on an ideal persona to the rest of the world. While those things are nice, true self-love runs much deeper and reflects in how we love others. To help you out, I've provided 5 Tips to Help You Dive Deeper in True Self-Love. Read on!
Set Your Intention. Setting an intention for anything is one of the most profound things that we can do for our life. It gives us the "whys", holds us accountable, and reminds us why we're doing anything in the first place. Think about something you've done recently. What was your reasoning behind doing that something? Hopefully, you had an intention. The surprising thing about most people is that many of us act without knowing our intention...and far too often. This means that the majority of people are acting without thinking, aimlessly taking action, and wasting effort and energy on various things in life. Setting an intention allows us to know why we do what we do and sets our expectation for the results we wish to see.
Set The Highest Standards. Hopefully, you've got high standards set for yourself and for your life. This is essential in because it holds you to the results and experiences that you are willing to accept and yields you from the results and experiences that you are not willing to accept. Setting the highest standards for your life allows us to accept our true worth, and allows us to easily spot out the things, people, experiences, and actions that will do us no good.
Spend Time Alone. Believe it or not, there are so many people who do not enjoy their own company. Being alone, for many individuals, seems like a bore and an annoyance. I, on the other hand, find spending time alone to be a joy. I also know that spending time alone is one of the most powerful things that any of us can do. Being that we interact with so many other people, have so many experiences, and listen to so many opinions on a daily basis, it is easy to lose our own "voice", take on other people's opinions, and forget what we need. Spending time alone allows us to constantly check in with ourselves, listen to ourselves, and actually learn about ourselves and what we like.
Honor Yourself. It took me some time to understand what honoring self is and why it is so important. Now that I am aware of what it means to honor self, I've begun to take better care of myself, leave behind the things that do not contribute to my good, put myself first when truly needed, and engage only in the things that will make me feel good, bring me closer to my goals, contribute to my happiness, and elevate every part of my life. Honoring yourself can be as simple as Being Unapologetic , or walking away from an experience or situation that disturbs your peace of mind. It is a journey of listening to your inner voice and truly knowing self.
Stress. It's the "S" word that can effortlessly creep up without warning, and something that most of us are very likely to deny. However, let's face it; when you find yourself in a constant state of worry, foggy-brained, and pulling out your tresses (uh-oh), then stress may have just invited its way in. So how do we cope with stress that we have somehow have invited in?
In reality, stress is the result of our tendency to over-complicate, overthink, and perhaps over-analyze various parts of our lives, Luckily, eliminating stress isn't as complicated as inviting it in; in fact, eliminating stress can be a very simple process. Read on to discover 7 simple ways to get rid of stress whenever it creeps up!
1. Take a Walk or Run Outdoors. Whenever I'm feeling foggy or entrapped by every annoying situation around me, I always find spending time in nature to be a release. Fresh air, moving your body, and looking at scenery that doesn't promote worry and fear can chip away at pesky stress.
2. Do Nothing. As many of us may know, stress most likely occurs when we are being pulled in too many directions, take on too much responsibility, or even push ourselves a bit too hard. The cure for this sort of stress is to simply SLOW DOWN. Take a day off, recuperate mentally, pull back, relax, goof off, sleep in, or simply do nothing until the stress begins to fall away.
3. Talk it Out. Truly, some things just need to be released. While it seems to be safer to avoid talking about our problems and conflicts, we can become bottled up with suppressed emotions and have a meltdown if we do not acknowledge and release them. A good way to release stress is by talking to a loved one and lightening your worries. Use good judgment when deciding who to turn to, and if you have no one to talk to...talk it out while you're alone! After talking it out, release it and let it go.
4. Remove Toxic Interactions. Sometimes, people with certain characteristics can heighten our stress or even be the cause of it. These types of people are usually constantly negative, have nothing nice to say to or about you, highly critical (from a place of hate), and committed to being in a bad mood. In order to avoid being stressed out by such people, limit your time spent with them. Give only kind words to them, and move on. Never mirror their toxic behavior in anger.
5. Have a Laugh. Sometimes things can get a bit too serious, and can cause stress to creep in. When this occurs, i'ts best to lighten the load with a bit of enjoyment. Simply having a good laugh can help tremendously. Try watching comedy, or heading out for entertainment with friends.
6. Take a Relaxing Bath. Water is naturally calming and soothing which is why a relaxing bath can succeed in eliminating stress. Try soaking in a warm bath in the evening for at least a half hour and let your mind wander (not worry). Add in herbs or oils and dim the lights or light candles to drift into relaxation.
7. Stretch. Stretching may seem so simple and ineffective, but it proves to be very therapeutic. Stress not only takes a toll on the mind and emotions, but also on the body. As we stress, we tend to store suppressed emotions and heavy tension in our body. Stretching gently releases suppression and tension while calming us down and relaxing our bodies.
What other simple methods help you eliminate stress? Tell me about it in the comments!
So you've got a full week ahead of you and certainly, you'll want each day to be great. Sure enough, a great day starts with a great morning. If you're one of the many who have trouble getting up in the morning or looking forward to the day ahead try starting your day with these 7 tips to energize, excite, and awaken you for the new day!
Whether she's turning 21, 30, 40, 50, or 60+, every woman can agree that at any age milestone, something special happens. Not only is the celebration extra special, but so is this moment in her life.
At whatever age you may consider an age milestone, you may expect change and ultimately feel as though you are moving into another realm. That's because you are! As we grow older, it is inevitable that we are now more experienced, seasoned, have acquired more wisdom, learned more about ourselves and the world around us, and shifted our perspectives. We're changing and evolving, as we should.
Although change can be intimidating, with age, we outgrow the old, and many things have already served their purpose. One of the best ways to keep up with your own evolution and welcome change gracefully is to reevaluate yourself at any age milestone. Do this by: