You know what 'they' say: proper planning prevents poor performance. With no doubt, this statement is true in many areas of life, including with our wardrobes. That's right, those "nothing to wear" phases just might be a sign that your wardrobe could use a new approach! One way to prevent weekly wardrobe woes, "nothing to wear" phases, and to be stylishly prepared for any event, is by creating a wardrobe plan. Continue on to learn how to create a Wardrobe Plan in this week's #SavvySunday.
What is a Wardrobe Plan and Why do I Need to Create One?
Nothing complicated. A Weekly Wardrobe Plan is a simple plan that forecasts full outfits for every occasion throughout the week. It is helpful to create one so that less time is spent dwelling in front of the closet pondering outfits and wondering what to wear.
3 Simple Steps to Create a Weekly Wardrobe Plan
- Pick out one outfit for each event that will occur within the week (work, gym, meetings, events, etc.).
- Press or steam garments as needed and hang them in your closet.
- Label each outfit with the day or date and event using sticky notes or closet separators.
- Be Mindful of Weather. Weather plays a major role in the clothing we wear. Checking the weather keeps you prepared!
- Choose Full Outfits. Be sure that your outfit is complete. Consider shape wear, jackets, camis, etc.
- Include Accessories. Don't forget shoes, handbags, jewelry, scarves, hats, etc. Accessories are like the "icing on a cake"!
- Make it a Habit. You'll notice that planning your outfits ahead of time can save a lot of time, and effort when it's time to get ready for work or an event. Make it a habit to plan your outfits at the beginning of each week.